Does your student need executive functioning coaching?
Executive functioning refers to the skills that help students get things done at school and at home. Consider whether these problems occur often for your child or teenager:
• Putting off homework or chores until the last minute
• Losing track of time
• Difficulty paying attention at home or school
• Problems planning and organizing school work
• Often losing or misplacing items, such as homework or possessions
• Frequently has a hard time following instructions
• Difficulty breaking larger projects down into steps
• Having a hard time getting started on school work or other tasks
• Skipping important steps in assignments or chores
• Often feeling frustrated, angry, or overwhelmed about situations
Tactical Tutors can help. We provide executive function coaching for students in elementary, middle, and high school as part of our services.
This process begins with our careful analysis of the problems to learn where and when it occurs. We’ll think of modifying the situation so the student has a greater chance of success. Your tutor will put supports in place and develop motivators. We’ll clarify goals, create routines, discuss the use of planners and calendars, and collaborate with teachers to help.
Tactical Tutors uses research-supported approaches to promote greater organization and focus, providing students with support and encouragement along the way.